Welcome to Hackers Alliance!

how do you hack the psp 3000

• Archived

The forum is archived and used for testing. It is currently read-only to visitors.
    It has been upgraded from vBulletin 3.8.x to XenForo for security purposes and future-proofing. Proprietary code and modifications (such as code database and HA bot) are broken with XenForo and will stay only with vBulletin.

21 guns

Sep 20, 2010
how do you have the psp 3000? someone said there was a way through exploits or something...

Pimpin PSP

Ad-pimpin-strator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 8, 2010
Las Vegas
The PSP 3000 is not really hacked. You can just use a series of exploits to make your PSP able ro run homebrew, but not CFW updates.

Grip Shift Exploit:

Ok, binary loader, hello world and SDK finished, get it here. Read the readme for the imporant stuff.
It's encrypted and works on the US version only.
Get the SDK here.

Old post for nostalgia:
GripShift has a buffer overflow vulnerability when loading savegames. The savegame contains the profile name which can be easily used to overwrite .
The savegame file is pretty big (25kB) so you have lots of space to put your code there. I wrote a simple blob of code to paint the framebuffer completely white (to just indicate that arbitrary code is running).
The return address is located at offset 0xA9 in the file. In this poc it points to 0x08E4CD50 (which is only a few bytes after the return address), and the code starts at 0xCC in the file.

It was tested on 4.01M33-2 with US version of GripShift (ULUS10040), and psplink.prx, usbhostfs.prx and deemerh.prx loaded (also without psplink and usbhostfs). The decrypted savegame (sorry, couldn't [be bothered to] get Shine's savegame tool working so it's in plaintext form) is in the SDDATA.BIN form which Hellcat's Savegame-Deemer produces (thanks to him, if the program didn't exist I wouldn't have bothered with this. :). Just copy the ULUS10040SAVE00 directory to /PSP/SAVEPLAIN/ and run the game. don't forget to have Savegame-Deemer workin
Credits go to those who deserve them.

Pimpin PSP

Ad-pimpin-strator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Well first I hope you have the game Gripshift if not, then I guess you have to Google up some exploit because this is one I could find. If you do have the game, just tell me and I'll tell you what to do.

Pimpin PSP

Ad-pimpin-strator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Ok. I never tried this so i dont know how to do it.

This is from the quote above:
Just copy the ULUS10040SAVE00 directory to /PSP/SAVEPLAIN/ and run the game. don't forget to have Savegame-Deemer workin

Double_0_negative

Hackers Alliance Veteran
Administrator
Sep 18, 2010
this psp isn't hackable, although there is something called HEN that you can use

ImHumbled

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 11, 2010
The PSP 3000 is not hackable in any way, but you are able to use certain homebrew with the patopon exploit, and game exploits, but you cannot fully get CFW on a PSP 3000

This site has been archived and is no longer accepting new content.

About us

• Hackers Alliance is a small community forum about gaming and console hacking. Join our humble community to share ideas, game cheats, mods, and be part of an amazing growing community!

Quick Navigation

User Menu